A two-day workshop providing a highly practical introduction to the web and load testing tools in Visual Studio 2013 for developers and testers. To download the course details click here
- Understanding HTTP traffic, recording and interpreting client requests and server responses
- Recording and amending Web Tests, using recording tool and editing for possible errors to ensure that the simulation runs correctly
- Running Web Tests and understanding the Web Test Results Viewer.
- Editing Web Tests, Adding Recordings Generating Code.
- Refactoring Web Tests,
- Modularising Web Tests, Loops & Branches and web Services.
- Validating server responses, using Validate Rules to check the server responses received
- Parameterising user input, using XML/Exelto create Data Sources
Day two part three :Load test
- An overview of load testing, what we are trying to achieve and where load testing fits in the overall test plan
- Understanding the reasons for load testing and different types of performance testing
- Risks: Speed, Scalability & Stability
- Creating Load Tests, using the Load Test Wizard
Day two part four: Load testing continued
- Editing Load Tests
- Running Load Tests
- Understanding performance results, an overview of Performance Monitoring and understanding what load test results mean
- Understand test Rig
- Beyond the course, on-line resources and forums where delegates can expand their knowledge
- Testing with Visual Studio Online (VSO)