The DTDPS programs we deliver are specific to the ALM and quality management aspects of Visual Studio and TFS and are available to organisations that qualify under the software assurance benefits scheme in the form of DTDPS voucher days. These days can then be used, through prescribed programs to work, to improve the use of the tools across your business in areas such as Test Management, Test Automation and Performance testing.
What is DTDPS?
Developer Tools Deployment Planning Services (DTDPS) is a Software Assurance benefit designed to help organisations plan effective Visual Studio deployments. These are structured engagements that are delivered by Microsoft partners having the Gold Application Lifecycle Management Competency such as Testhouse.
Getting Started with Planning Services
Software Assurance (SA) customers of Microsoft can obtain support and training from Testhouse without incurring any cost. The number of days of eligibility will depend on the Software Assurance licenses purchased, based on which points are credited. Points are gained regardless of the product purchased, and these points can be redeemed for support and training services from Testhouse.
A Software Assurance Benefit
- SA customers can use their Planning Services days for Developer Tools Deployment Planning Services.
- DTDPS are structured engagements designed to help customers plan their Visual Studio deployment.
- Depending on your SA agreement, you may be eligible for up to 15 days of free consulting services.
Typical engagement Activities:
- Customer completes and returns the Project Scope and Customer Commitment doc.
- Customer completes and returns the Pre-Engagement Questionnaire.
- Testhouse will review Pre-Engagement Questionnaire with customer.
- Testhouse will present the Visual Studio Business Value Presentation.
- Testhouse interviews SMEs.
- Testhouse prepares ALM Assessment and Deployment Plan.
- Testhouse reviews ALM Assessment and Deployment Plan with customer.
- Testhouse will install a Visual Studio demo for customer and walks thru leave-behind training materials.
What you get from the engagement
a) Written Deployment and/or Migration Plan – Testhouse will review the custom plan with you and answer any questions.
b) Access to Valuable Resources from Microsoft – Testhouse will set up the virtual Visual Studio demo and upload supporting deployment resources.
Our DTDPS client includes Next, Marshalls, Brit Insurance, Ecclesiastical, Ofgem, Capita, Talbot Underwriting, Hogg Robinson Group (HRG) and more.
For more information on “number” of days of Planning Services your organisation has or to activate your voucher please highlight the link: Volume Licensing Service Center.
For further queries or assistance relating to our DTDPS offering, contact our dedicated Visual Studio Team.
Please visit our website for more information: www.dtdps.com.